Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Starting the year off right

Well, where to start?

The past few weeks have been busy indeed!

Wow--just thinking about it all reminds me of how blessed I am!

How amazing is the grace of God.

This summer, I started a new tradition called "Mama and Anna dates." Once a month, we plan a time and pick something fun to do together--just the two of us. She always looks forward to our dates and it has become an important part of our relationship. It has also been an opportunity to prepare and encourage her for the years to come. We've had some really great times and I know we're both glad that we started this new tradition.

Right now for many, its the start of a new season, a new chapter.
Its the start of a new academic year!

I am very excited!!! This year is going to be great. Anna is really looking forward to homeschooling. Of course, mostly its because she really enjoys playing with her brother and she really wants to learn to read.

When we sat down to start our homeschooling session this morning, Anna said to me with a big smile on her face, "I really like my teacher."
She looked at me and I asked her, "Well, who is your teacher?"
She giggled and responded, "You are Mama!!!! You are my teacher and I will learn from you."

In the moment when she said that, my heart was filled with such peace and delight.
I looked at her smiling up at me.
This is just a glimpse of the joy of motherhood.


Check out Angie's blog post about homeschooling.
Hope you all had a refreshing summer...and a great start to the academic year.

No comments:

Post a Comment