Monday, May 17, 2010

Growth

I am very surprised by the early results of the planting project. I am so proud of Anna for taking on the responsibility of caring for her plant. She has done a great job of remembering to water the plant and make sure it gets sunlight. It is so fun to see her get excited in doing this project and I think she's learning just from watching it grow. It is getting too big for the starter cup so we will transplant it into a bigger pot. We will probably plant the sunflower and tomatoes this week. She is such a hands-on learner and very inquisitive.
I can't believe how big Anna is getting. I am so very proud of her. She is a really great daughter and big sister. Recently, she has been coming to Brian and I and telling us, "thank you for being a good papa/mama." Oh, how refreshing to my ears and heart! It is those moments that I cherish, and that encourage me to keep trusting the Lord. He truly is at work in her heart and life. She is so excited to learn how to read and is beginning to sound out three letter words. She is also working on numbers and counting to 20. She especially enjoys having stories told to her. Her favorite one is Goldilocks and The Three Bears. Every time she asks me to tell her that story, I change or add something to the story. She gets a kick out of it!
It is amazing how much love and grace Anna brings to our family.
How wonderful that, "God gave us you!" (the title of one of her favorite books).

Peace and Hope from our family to yours!

"I planted, Apollos watered, but GOD gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only GOD who gives the growth. He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. For we are GOD's fellow workers. You are GOD's field, GOD's building...
Let each one take care how he builds upon it."
(1 Corinthians 3:6-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment