Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Little fingers, Bloody nose!

Two weeks ago, Micaiah started running a fever of 101. The next morning when he woke up, he was covered in blood. There was blood all over his pajamas, sheets, and blankets. The first thing I did was gave him a bath and found he had a bloody nose. It was rather scary and yucky! This was my first experience with blood where I actually got really nauseous. He was fine the rest of the day and I didn't think much of it.
Then, the next morning he woke up with another bloody nose! Now I was beginning to worry. As I gave him another bath, Brian called a nurse hotline to ask if this could be related with the fever. We were told to see if it happens again in the next 24 hours and then call the doctor.

Thankfully, it didn't happen again. We figure that he was probably just sticking his fingers up his nose! And he was fighting off a stomach bug at the same time.
The bloody noses stopped. The fever went away. Phew! I am just glad thats all it was.

So if your kids ever get a bloody nose, check their fingers first!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment