Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Planting project


A few weeks ago, Anna started asking me questions about plants and how they grow. I decided that it would be a fun project to grow something from seeds and let her watch it grow. That is, if we can keep Caiah from dumping it out! We took a trip to the local Lowe's and picked out some tomato, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds to grow. We have not planted them yet because the weather has been very overcast and dreary the past week. As the weather warms back up and the sun reappears, we hope to plant them at the end of this week or the beginning of the next. Maybe we'll even get some tomatoes! We'll be sure to take pictures and give reports on how its going.

Oh, I just remembered why Anna was asking me about plants. She has a book that plays music to nursery rhymes and one of them is:

Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow
Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow
Do you or I or anyone know
How oats, peas, beans, and barley grow?

This song is what started her thinking about it. She has been singing it so much lately that I have the song stuck in my head. Whats really cute is that recently when Anna is singing a song, Micaiah will try to sing along too!

1 comment:

  1. reminds me of the song "Mares eat oats And does eat oats And little lambs eat ivy. A kid'll eat ivy too, Wouldn't you?" song fast it sounds really funny

    ReplyDelete