Thursday, April 29, 2010

A prayer request

Today, Micaiah had a check-up with his pediatrician. He measured: 19 pounds, 9 ounces and 30.5 inches long. Obviously he is a small 18 month-old boy. Anyone can tell that just by looking at him. Ever since he was born, he has been small for his age. The funny thing is that he eats more than Anna!


The issue is that Micaiah is under the 5th percentile for his weight. The doc says that he is not taking in enough calories to gain weight. (I find that hard to believe) The doc put him on Pediasure, a nutritional supplement.

Now, I'm supposed to find ways to add calories to every meal that he eats. Like adding butter, oil, and fatty foods. And get this, ice cream is actually a recommended every day food for him! Brian will be thrilled! :)

My prayer request is that Micaiah will gain weight. We've had these same problems before and have already visited a dietitian several times.

Because this is a recurring issue, it has me a little more worried about him. If this continues to be an issue, it could affect his other developmental skills.

With all this said, it makes me very thankful that this is such a small health concern.
Thank you for praying with us!

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring." (Proverbs 27:1)

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for your sweet boy!

    P.S. I love that proverbs saying - my grandmother used to tell me stuff like that all the time. So true and has always stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete